Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."
You can’t go wrong with Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies! This is a special recipe to celebrate #Choctoberfest 2019!
Chocolate and peanut butter is one of those combinations that makes perfect sense. Each flavor can easily stand alone; but together — YUM! My boys love to find these as a special treat in their lunch box and on the counter for an after-school snack. In less than 30 minutes, you can enjoy a sweet treat!
My husband is in
love obsessed with peanut butter. In addition to these brownies, he puts PB on hamburgers, in chicken/tuna salad, and on hot dogs. But when you bake with peanut butter, that rich, nutty flavor is often lost when you pair it with chocolate.
These brownies are the perfect balance. Neither flavor overwhelms the other.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies Ingredients & Supplies:
- 8″ x 8″ Baking Pan (USA Pans are my favorite!)
- Vanilla Extract (Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla adds amazing flavor!)
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- Creamy Peanut Butter
It’s easy to grab a brownie mix and upgrade it with peanut butter, but I love trying to make things from scratch as much as possible. One of the best tips I have to offer is to NOT over-stir the mix. This creates a more cake-like brownie full of rich, soft textures.
The only hard part will be keeping them around for more than a few minutes. Do you prefer a center piece — or the crisper edge piece? As a kid, I always wanted the center. It was softer and gooey. Now that I’ve aged a little (just a teensy bit!) I prefer the edge. The texture makes it that much better.
Whichever piece you prefer, you can guarantee that it’ll make your mouth water with this recipe!
- Chocolate Layers
- ½ c. unsalted butter, melted
- 1 c. granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1½ t. vanilla extract
- ½ c. all-purpose flour
- ½ c. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/8 t. salt
- Peanut Butter Layer
- 1/3 c. creamy peanut butter
- 2 T. unsalted butter, melted
- 1/3 c. granulated sugar
- ¼ c. packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- ½ t. real vanilla extract
- ½ c. all-purpose flour
- 1 t. baking powder
- 1/8 t. salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line an 8” x 8” pan with parchment paper and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix all the ingredients for the chocolate layer in a large mixing bowl, adding in the flour, cocoa powder, and salt last. Lightly fold in the flour and cocoa powder until just mixed.
- Mix the ingredients for the peanut butter brownie layer, again saving the flour, baking powder and salt for last and stirring until just mixed.
- Spread peanut butter brownie layer on the bottom of the pan and top it with the chocolate brownie layer, spreading the batter for both layers out evenly.
- Bake for 22 minutes. Brownies will still be soft and gooey, but will finish setting while they cool. Enjoy!
Do not over mix or the brownies will turn out cake-like.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 423 Total Fat: 22g Saturated Fat: 10g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 9g Cholesterol: 96mg Sodium: 206mg Carbohydrates: 52g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 36g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 7g
PIN for Later!
#Chotoberfest 2019 – Monday Link Hop!
Shelly is a wife, mama, and author, living in Lynchburg, Tennessee – home of Jack Daniel Whiskey. Her front porch is perfect for Tennessee AppleTennessee Apple or Tennessee Fire while reading a good mystery novel. She enjoys cooking delicious meals for her family, cleaning and organizing her home, and spending time outdoors in her beautiful hometown!