Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."
A sweet, salty chocolate peanut butter mousse parfait that will delight your entire family!
Out of all the desserts in the world, the mousse seems to get less credit that they deserve. I love the mousse for its light and airy texture. With the added chocolate, peanut butter, and chopped peanuts, you get the best of both worlds in one bowl!
The parfait is is layered to create the ultimate dessert for any night of the week. They are the perfect balance of sweetness (not overly sweet!) and saltiness to fulfill all of your cravings.
You can add other layers including brownies, chocolate cake, or even chocolate chip cookies. They will add to the richness of the chocolate peanut butter mousse dessert so be sure to use unsweetened chocolate and sugar-free peanut butter.
Sugar-Free Natural Peanut Butter
- 1 pint heavy whipped cream
- ¼ c. honey, preferably local, divided
- 1 t. real vanilla extract, divided
- 8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- ¾ c. natural sugar-free peanut butter, room temperature
- ¼ t. salt
- 4 oz. unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1/3 c. roasted peanuts, chopped
1. Combine the heavy whipping cream, one tablespoon honey, and ½ teaspoon vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl and beat with a hand mixer or immersion blender until light and fluffy, approximately 2-3 minutes. Scrape the sides of the bowl while blending to incorporate all ingredients. Set aside.
2. Combine the cream cheese, peanut butter, 2 tablespoons honey, ½ teaspoon vanilla extract, and salt in another large mixing bowl and beat with a hand mixer or immersion blender until light and fluffy, approximately 2-3 minutes.
3. Gently fold in 2/3 of the whipped cream into the peanut butter mixture until completely combined. Divide the mousse between four dessert or parfait bowls and set in the refrigerator to chill for approximately 10 minutes. Reserve remaining whipped cream, to serve.
4. Right before serving, place the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl and heat for 30 seconds. Stir and heat for another 15-30 seconds or until chocolate is completely melted. (Total cook time will vary). Remove chocolate from microwave and stir in remaining tablespoon of honey. Set aside.
5. To serve, remove peanut butter mousse from the refrigerator and top each serving with a spoonful of the remaining whipped cream, a drizzle of melted chocolate, and some chopped peanuts. Enjoy!
Serving Size:3 oz.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 778 Total Fat: 50g Saturated Fat: 26g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 20g Cholesterol: 78mg Sodium: 421mg Carbohydrates: 74g Fiber: 6g Sugar: 61g Protein: 13g