Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."
Instant Pot Potato Salad is going to become your favorite (and only!) way to prepare the dish. It’s perfect for serving at cookouts, picnics, or any dinner. When I make it, I love to set some aside to enjoy warm. The rest of my family prefers it chilled. Either way, it’s delicious!
The Instant Pot Makes This Dish a Breeze!
I fought buying an Instant Pot for months. When we moved to our forever home last year, I was excited to clear out a lot of gadgets that I hadn’t used in ages. When I sat down to work on our schedule for the next couple of months, I finally gave in because of the time it would save us. Thursday and Friday nights will be packed full of football this fall for our boys — and we all need good food to get us through the season!
Cooking potato salad in the Instant Pot seemed a little scary at first. I didn’t want to overcook the potatoes, making them too soft. The eggs need to be perfectly cooked with soft, creamy yolks. The great part — they can be cooked together!
Accessories for Cooking Instant Pot Potato Salad
This 9-piece Instant Pot Accessory Set is a must-have for all IP users! Once you get comfortable using the IP, you’ll be making everything from steamed veggies to cheesecake!
The accessory set includes:
- Springform Pan
- Steamer Basket
- Silicone Egg Bite Mold
- Egg Trivet
- Silicone Cleaning Sponges
- Cheat Sheet Magnets
PIN for Later!
- 3 lbs. small red potatoes, cleaned and quartered
- 3 large eggs
- 1 c. water
- 1 c. mayonnaise
- ½ cup dill relish
- ½ medium red onion, chopped
- 3 T. fresh dill, chopped
- 1 T. Dijon mustard
- 1 T. apple cider vinegar
- ½ t. garlic powder
- ½ cumin
- ½ cayenne powder
- Salt & black pepper, to taste
- ½ t. paprika, for garnish
1. Place your steamer basket inside your Instant Pot® and place potatoes and eggs inside. Add lid and lock into place.
2. Switch the vent to “Sealing” and set the “Steam/Manual” setting to 4 minutes on high pressure.
3. While the eggs and potatoes cook, prepare the dressing by combining the mayonnaise, dill relish,, red onion, dill, Dijon
mustard, apple cider vinegar, garlic powder, cumin, and cayenne in a large bowl. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings, as desired, and set aside.
4. When cook time is complete, allow pressure to release naturally for 5 minutes, then manually release any remaining pressure. Place eggs in an ice bath for several minutes to cool.
5. Chop the eggs and add to a large bowl along with the potatoes. Spoon the dressing on top and carefully stir to combine. Season with additional salt and black pepper, as desired, and sprinkle
with some paprika, if serving immediately.
6. Serve warm or cover and place in the refrigerator to chill before serving. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 499 Total Fat: 30g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 24g Cholesterol: 108mg Sodium: 475mg Carbohydrates: 47g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 5g Sugar: 4g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 9g