Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."
Mini Pecan Pies are easy to make and fun to serve! They’re perfect for all of your Fall gatherings and Thanksgiving.
When it comes to Fall treats, I’m completely weak. The flavors and textures are all comforting along with the cooler temperatures of the season. Pecan Pie has always been one of my favorites but I’ve often missed out because I want to try other delicious desserts available. Offering mini pies gives guests a chance to try more than one dessert!
10 Reasons Pecans Are Good For You!
- They’re heart-healthy!
- Good for digestion
- Aid in weight loss & for metabolism
- Reduces risks of certain cancers
- Protect Against Skin Issues
- Anti-Aging Benefits
- Stimulates Hair Growth
- Combats Hair Loss
Gather Your Ingredients & Supplies
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- Pie Crust (refrigerated or homemade)
- Brown Sugar
- Vanilla Extract (I like Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla!)
- Pecans – halves
- Pecans – chopped
- Whipped Cream
Supplies You’ll Need:
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- ¼ cup of cornstarch
- 1 ¼ cup of water
- 1 Tbsp of butter
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of pecans (chopped)
- 12 pecan halves
- Whipped Cream (optional)
- Soften the pie crust to room temp, while preheating the oven to 375 degrees. Roll out the pie crust and using a 3” round cutter, cut 9 rounds in the crust (keep the cuts as close together as possible).
- Gather the remaining pie crust and roll it out with your hand to cut another round. Repeat this 3 times. You should be able to get 12 rounds out of 1 pie crust.
- Turn a mini muffin pan upside down and place a pie round on every other cup, gently pushing the round down around the sides of the cup. Bake until golden brown (about 6-8 minutes). Let them cool for a few minutes before handling.
- In a medium pot, combine the brown sugar, cornstarch and water. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until it starts to boil. Boil for 1 minute and then remove from the heat. Add the butter, vanilla extract and chopped pecans to the pot and stir. Let the mixture cool before continuing.
- Fill each pie cup with the pecan mixture. Then place a pecan half right on top. Enjoy immediately or refrigerate.
If using Whipped Cream, add it to the top of the pecan mixture and then place a pecan half on top of the Whipped Cream. I also suggest refrigerating the mini pies before adding Whipped Cream because it will melt if not served immediately.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 214 Total Fat: 12g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 9g Cholesterol: 3mg Sodium: 73mg Carbohydrates: 26g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 16g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 2g
PIN these Mini Pecan Pies for Later!
MORE Fall Goodies to Try!
- Apple Cider Sweet Potatoes
- Tennessee Fire Apple Cider Jello Shots
- Instant Pot® Cocoa-Spiced Pork Roast
- Instant Pot® Chicken Lanzone with Mushrooms
- Cast Iron Maple-Chipotle Roasted Chicken and Sweet Taters
- Maple Walnut Blondies
- Tasty Caramel Apple Sangria