Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."
This Roasted Broccoli Salad features yellow raisins, sunflower seeds, and bacon — topped with a creamy yogurt dressing to pull all of the delicious flavor together!
Broccoli was one of the few green vegetables I’d eat when I was a kid. I’ve added to that list since, but I still consider broccoli number one. This side dish pairs well with a variety of dishes including Swordfish & Pineapple Kabobs, Instant Pot Beef Short Ribs, and Instant Pot Sesame Garlic Wings!
Benefits of Broccoli
Broccoli is full of goodness including the following:
- Vitamin C – Helps to build collagen, acts as a powerful antioxidant, and protects the body from damaging free radicals.
- Vitamin K – Assists with blood clotting.
- Folate – Necessary for the production & maintenance of new cells.
- Fiber – Promotes healthy digestive health and can help lower cholesterol.
- Potassium – Mineral/Electrolyte essential for the function of nerves and heart contractions.
To retain the nutrients, the best methods for cooking broccoli are steaming, roasting, and stir-frying. Boiling broccoli can cause up to a 90% loss of valuable nutrients.
Tools for Roasted Broccoli Salad
- Half-Sheet Roasting Pan – Choose a large pan with sides to ensure you can spread the broccoli into a single layer.
- Food-Grade Silicone Baking Mats – Turns any pan into a non-stick surface, eliminating fattening oils, messy sprays, and expensive parchment paper. They make clean-up easy!
This simple creamy yogurt dressing really pulls all of the flavors of this Roasted Broccoli Salad together to create the perfect side dish.
- 6 c. fresh broccoli florets, rinsed and drained
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 t. garlic powder
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- ½ c. plain Greek yogurt (full fat)
- 1 T. sugar-free mayonnaise
- 1 T. apple cider vinegar
- ½ t. dried dill
- 4 strips bacon, cooked crispy and crumbled
- ¼ c. yellow raisins
- ¼ c. sunflower seeds, toasted
- ¼ c. fresh parsley, chopped + extra for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 375°F and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a baking mat. Set aside.
2. Combine the broccoli florets with the olive oil in a large bowl, and sprinkle with garlic powder, salt, and black pepper. Gently toss to combine and spread onto the prepared baking sheet in a single layer without overcrowding.
3. Place baking sheet in the pre-heated oven and roast until the broccoli is tender and slightly charred around the edges, approximately 15-20 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, combine the Greek yogurt, sugar-free mayo, apple cider vinegar, and dried dill in a small bowl. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and whisk to combine. Set aside.
5. Remove broccoli from oven and set aside to cool slightly.
6. Toss the roasted broccoli, crumbled bacon, raisins, sunflower seeds, and fresh parsley in a large salad bowl and transfer to a serving platter. Drizzle with the yogurt dressing to serve. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 326 Total Fat: 19g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 14g Cholesterol: 14mg Sodium: 880mg Carbohydrates: 31g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 9g Sugar: 13g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 15g