Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."
Sesame Garlic Wings are going to up your cooking game. I promise, your family will be asking for these again. Nothing beats the convenience of an Instant Pot® for quick, easy, and healthier chicken wings. Once cooked, a quick trip under the broiler is all you need to get that nice crispy finish.
This recipe is written for fresh or thawed wings. If using frozen wings, add 3-4 minutes to the active cook time. You can save money by trimming your wings yourself. (See photo for approximate location of where to cut each whole wing). They are a little easier to trim AFTER they’ve been cooked. Immediately freeze the tips to make chicken stock, if desired.
Tools You’ll Want to Have
The Instant Pot Duo plus pressure Multicooker replaces 9 kitchen Appliances saving you space. Kitchen Appliances include pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice cooker, yogurt maker, egg cooker, sauté, steamer, warmer, and sterilizer. I used to have a ton of these gadgets on my counter, in our cabinets, etc. This thing is a saving grace for supper!
7 Inch Stainless Steel Cleaver
The handle is ergonomically designed to minimize wrist tension and provides a natural fit. Designed with stainless steel this heavy duty 7 inch meat cleaver is the perfect tool for getting through tough meat and bone making it a great addition to any kitchen. It’s tarnish-resistant, rust-resistant, and easy to clean stainless steel blade will keep the maintenance of the knives very easy.
I have a collection of baking sheets but love these because of the large size, higher sides, and heavy-duty commercial quality. I have a few I only use for baking and reserve one for using with a rack to cook meats.
These are made from 100% stainless steel with no artificial coatings or treatments, the racks can be used not just for cooling but for baking and roasting too. Sized to fit perfectly inside your standard 18″ x 13″ half sheet pans, you’ll soon be cooking up a storm – crispy chicken wings anyone?
Onto the Recipe!
- 4-4½ lbs. chicken wings
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 c. water
- White sesame seeds, for garnish
Sesame Garlic Sauce
- ¼ c. coconut aminos (or soy sauce if not gluten free)
- 2 T. sesame oil
- 3 T. honey, preferably local
- 1 T. unsalted butter
- 2 t. fresh ginger, very finely minced
- 1 t. garlic powder
1. Season wings with salt and black pepper, to taste. Place metal trivet inside Instant Pot® and add one cup of water. Arrange seasoned wings on top of the trivet before securing the cover in place. Switch the vent to “Sealing” and set the “Manual” setting to 8 minutes.
2. To prepare the sesame garlic sauce, heat the coconut aminos, sesame oil, honey, butter, ginger, and garlic powder in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring frequently, until butter is melted and the mixture is thoroughly combined. Remove from heat and set aside.
3. When cook time on Instant Pot® is complete, allow pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes, then do a quick release for any remaining steam. Remove lid and transfer wings to a large bowl. Set aside and cool slightly.
4. Meanwhile, position top oven rack in the top position and pre-heat broiler to high. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and place a wire cooling rack on top. Set aside.
5. Pour 1/3 of the sesame garlic sauce on top of the wings and toss to coat. Transfer the wings to the wire rack on the prepared baking sheet and place under the broiler for 3-4 minutes or until the wings start to get crispy and develop some color. Turn the wings and repeat on the remaining side.
6. Remove from oven and toss the wings with half of the remaining sesame garlic sauce. Sprinkle with white sesame seeds and serve immediately with the remaining sauce on the side. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 4585 Total Fat: 339g Saturated Fat: 120g Trans Fat: 3g Unsaturated Fat: 191g Cholesterol: 1120mg Sodium: 5773mg Carbohydrates: 147g Fiber: 6g Sugar: 14g Protein: 231g