Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."
Strawberry-Banana Granola Parfaits are a delicious go-to breakfast for our family! The fresh fruit gives me the natural sweetness that I crave without going overboard. Strawberry season is taking off near Lynchburg, so I can’t wait to get out to the fields for fresh berries!
When placed in to-go containers, these are great for the kiddos to take for a mid-morning snack to get them through until lunch. My boys love the extra boost of protein to help fuel their morning workouts, too!
The strawberry-banana flavor is delicious and vibrant. This recipe makes four servings and is versatile to mix and match other fruits to satisfy everyone’s favorite flavors. Use fruits that are in-season to save the most money.
I’ve tried several smoothies and for some reason, I can’t seem to get past the texture (or lack thereof – depending on the ingredients). They often taste gritty and leave a terrible after-taste. This is why I prefer a parfait! You get the smooth taste of yogurt while balancing with crunchy granola and fruits.
Strawberry-Banana Granola Parfaits
- 6 large dates, pitted
- 3 T. natural almond butter
- 3 T. honey
- 2 T. coconut oil, melted
- 1 t. real vanilla extract
- 1 c. rolled oats
- ½ t. ground cinnamon
- ¼ t. salt
- ¼ c. raw almonds, roughly chopped
- 2 T. sunflower seeds
- 2 c. plain Greek yogurt
- 2 large bananas, sliced
- 1 c. fresh strawberries, sliced
1. Pre-heat -oven to 350°F and line an 8 x 8-inch baking pan with a piece of parchment paper, leaving a bit of overlap on the sides.
2. In a high-powered blender or a food processor, combine the pitted dates, almond butter, honey, coconut oil, and vanilla extract. Blend until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
3. Transfer the date mixture into a large mixing bowl and add the oats, cinnamon, salt, almonds, and sunflower seeds. Mix until well combined and the oats and nuts are nicely coated.
4. Transfer the granola mixture to the prepared baking dish and pat down into an even layer. Place in the pre-heated oven and bake until lightly golden brown and toasted on top, approximately 20 minutes.
5. Remove from oven and cool to room temperature. Granola will crumble as you remove it from the pan, with some larger chunks.
6. To serve, alternate layers of Greek yogurt, granola, sliced bananas, and fresh strawberries in 4 parfait dishes or mason jars. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 496 Total Fat: 21g Saturated Fat: 7g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 12g Cholesterol: 6mg Sodium: 431mg Carbohydrates: 62g Fiber: 8g Sugar: 35g Protein: 20g
Try More Delicious Recipes!
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Mousse Parfaits
- Easy Parmesan Breakfast Potatoes
- Baatcha Energy Morning Pickmeups
- Pink Lemonade Donuts
- Chunky Granola Banana Muffins