Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."
Swordfish and Pineapple Kabobs are perfectly paired with our Instant Pot Cilantro-Lime Rice! These are ready within an hour and worth the time for the flavor your tongue will experience!
Swordfish is a mild-tasting, white-fleshed fish that has a meaty texture and perfect for kids (or adults!) who are picky about fish dishes. My bunch loves fish so I try to put it on the table at least once per week — if not twice. Because we live inland, we don’t have access to fresh fish very often; however, frozen works in a pinch when properly prepared!
The kabobs are best when grilled outdoors; however, if weather doesn’t allow for this, a grill pan works for the stop top as well. The sweetness of the pineapple, along with the seasonings, really help the entire kabob mesh together for a tasteful experience everyone will love.
Tools You’ll Need
- Wooden Skewers – These will need to soak for at least 30 minutes (or even overnight!)
- Large Glass Mixing Bowl
- Grill Pan for stove top (or you can grill outdoors!)
- Instant Pot – for the rice!
Pairs Well with Cilantro-Lime Rice!
While you’re grilling your Swordfish and Pineapple Kabobs, you can be creating a delicious side dish that will accent the fish and veggies quite well — Cilantro-Lime Rice! I love using my Instant Pot to make rice because it’s no-fuss and easy clean-up.
Try Some Other Fish Dishes!
Swordfish & Pineapple Kabobs Recipe
- 8 large wooden skewers
- 16 oz. swordfish, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 16 oz. fresh pineapple, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 t. lime zest, preferably organic
- ¼ fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 2 t. garlic powder
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Non-stick cooking spray (or butter, olive oil, or coconut oil)
- 2 large limes, cut into wedges
Place the swordfish, pineapple chunks, red onion, and red bell pepper in a large glass or other non-reactive bowl.
Add the olive oil, lime zest, fresh cilantro, and garlic powder and season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Gently toss to combine. Set aside to marinate for 15-20 minutes, stirring once or twice during that time.
Spray a large grill pan with non-stick cooking spray (or lightly grease with butter, olive oil, or coconut oil). Set over medium heat.
Thread the swordfish and veggies alternatively onto skewers. Working in batches if necessary, place on the hot grill pan. Cook until the veggies are slightly charred and crisp-tender, and the fish is flakey, approximately 2-3 minutes per side.
Remove from heat and serve immediately with Instant Pot® Cilantro-Lime Rice, if desired, and lime wedges on the side. Enjoy!
Soak the wooden skewers in a bowl of water for at least 30 minutes to
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 766 Total Fat: 17g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 12g Cholesterol: 88mg Sodium: 197mg Carbohydrates: 134g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 15g Sugar: 97g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 33g
Instant Pot Cilantro-Lime Rice Recipe
- 1 c. long-grain brown rice, rinsed until water runs clear
- 1¼ c. chicken or vegetable broth, preferably organic
- 3 T. fresh lime juice
- 1 T. lime zest, preferably organic
- ¼ c. fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 t. garlic powder
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Add rice and broth to Instant Pot® container and stir to combine. Cover and lock lid into place. Set valve to “Sealing” and select the “Manual” and “High Pressure” settings. Adjust cook time to 15 minutes.
- Once cook time is complete, allow pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, then do a quick release for any remaining pressure.
- Remove lid and stir in lime juice, lime zest, cilantro, and garlic powder. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine. If desired, allow flavors to combine for several minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 105 Total Fat: 4g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 26mg Sodium: 183mg Carbohydrates: 9g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 0g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 8g