Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."
Organize Your Holiday Travels with TravelWise!
Having a [former] military spouse makes traveling fun and lightweight. I find it amazing how much he can pack into such small spaces! My husband is the king of turning my two to three suitcases into one. TravelWise Packing Cubes increase his ability to pack even more into small spaces while staying on top of his organizing game. Check out some of his tips for holiday packing to make traveling even more enjoyable for your family.
The 3-Piece Weekender Set
The TravelWise 3-Piece Weekender Set from EatSmart is bigger and better for 2017. The cubes are deeper and compliment your luggage in nine fun colors including: Black, Blue, Lavender, Lime Green, Pink, Purple, Red, Silver, and Teal. Each cube is made of lightweight, durable nylon and features an open mesh for visibility. A double-way zipper makes the bags easy to get into and close up when finished.
The cubes come in three sizes:
- Small – 11.5″ x 6.75″ x 3.75″
- Medium – 13.75″ x 9.75″ x 3.75″
- Large – 17.5″ x 12.75″ x 4″
Smaller items, like socks, can easily be lost in the sea of clothing within a suitcase – especially if you have a baby or little ones. Keep them together in the small cube and never worry about digging through the entire bag again! The bag can shift but everything stays together inside of the cubes.
We have two boys but they each have their own unique style. Rather than packing individual bags or suitcases, we use different colors of the TravelWise Packing Cubes to separate their clothing. Each boy can grab their own cubes and don’t have to dig through clothes that don’t belong to the other. It’s become a game for them to see who can organize their cubes with the most number of items.
Holiday Traveling Packing Tips
- Roll your clothing. When tightly rolled, your clothing is prone to less wrinkles and takes less space!
- Take extra – but not too much extra. Be prepared for weather changes and always have an extra outfit on hand for accidents.
- Pack dual-purpose items. Have pants that have zippers to turn them into shorts? You have two outfits in one!
- Make a packing list. As you add each item to your bag, check it off so you don’t double-pack.
- Pack shoes with the soles against the edge of the bag. Place in plastic bags to prevent any debris from falling off and staining your clothing.
- Use your shoes to store socks, ties, etc.
- Pack by outfit or activity. For example, if you’ll be headed to the beach while traveling, place all swim gear in one bag rather than separating into each individual’s bag.
- Bring extra plastic bags. They are perfect for separating clean/dirty clothes, storing soiled items, keeping jewelry from getting tangled, etc. A big trash bag is great to have on hand to protect your luggage if you have to be out in the rain!
- Always carry a mini sewing kit. You’ll avoid having to shop for clothing while traveling if a small hole simply needs a quick-fix!
- Buy travel-size toiletries or use what the hotel provides. Carrying full-size products is unnecessary and loads your luggage down.
- Roll your belt and place inside the collar of dress shirts to help keep the collar stiff.
- Pack two tops to one pair of pants. You can get away with an extra day of pants wear!
- Put dryer sheets in the mesh/zip area of your suitcase to keep a fresh smell in your bag (but don’t let them touch your clothing/shoes to avoid stains!
- Use an old eyeglasses/sunglasses case to store phone cords or electronic wires.
- Leave space for trinkets or souvenirs from your trip. Don’t pack your suitcase until it looks like it’ll explode.
One (1) lucky reader will win a set of TravelWise 3-pc. Weekender Packing Cubes The giveaway ends December 10th, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. CST.
- The giveaway is open to US residents, age 18+, only.
- Lynchburg Mama (and any co-hosting blogs) are not responsible for prize shipment.
- No P.O. Boxes, please.
- No purchase required.
- Winners are chosen randomly via Giveaway Tools.
- Winners will be notified via email and have 48 hours to claim his/her prize. A new winner will be chosen if a response is not received.
Discover MORE Christmas Gifts in Our Gift Guide!
Ready to find more gift ideas and giveaways for Christmas? Be sure to check out the Lynchburg Mama 2017 Gift Guide!